10-01-14

American spring: Americans no longer welcome in Egypt

protest.american.embassy.Egypt;jpg.jpg

January 7, 2014

US Embassy Egypt: Ordered Departure Lifted, Issues New Travel Alert

On January 6, the State Department issued a new Travel Alert advising U.S. citizens of the risks of travelling to Egypt due to continuing unrest.  The ordered departure of US Embassy Cairo and USCG Alexandria staff have now been lifted but the personnel for the constituent post is still operating out of Cairo pending security upgrades in Alexandria.

---

Colonial Soap Making. Its History and Techniques:
http://www.alcasoft.com/soapfact/history.html

11-11-13

Latest News Syria: flights to Cairo

Nov 11, 2013

Damascus, (SANA) - An official source at the Syrian Arab Airlines on Monday affirmed that the flights to Cairo "Run normally and have not been canceled".

The source told SANA that the Syrian Arab Airlines runs two flights a week, on Monday and Thursday, adding that there is no change to any flight.

Earlier, Middle East News Agency reported that Syrian Establishment decided to cancel its flights to Cairo for 4 month due to the crisis in Syria.

B. Mousa/ Mazen

http://213.178.225.235/eng/386/2013/11/11/511979.htm


 

19-08-13

Syria condemns terrorist massacre against members of Egyptian Police

terrorist.attack.syria.jpg

August 19, 2013

Syria condemns the terrorist massacre perpetrated against members of the Egyptian Police near Rafah, north of Sinai and considers this act as a terrorist heinous act, Information Ministry said on Monday.

The Ministry added in a statement "We, by the name of Syrian people, offer condolences to the people of Egypt and the families of the martyrs and affirm our confidence in the Egyptian people's ability to confront the systemized terrorism."

25 Egyptian soldiers of the central security were killed and two others were wounded by a terrorist attack of armed groups on two buses near Rafah.  

Mazen

http://sana.sy/eng/21/2013/08/19/498085.htm

03-07-13

Egypt: 47 people killed - 1,500 injured

U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel.jpg

Pentagon: Hagel calls Egyptian defense minister


July 3, 3013


U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has been in contact with his Egyptian counterpart Gen. Abdel-Fattah al-Sissi twice in the past week amid the country’s growing unrest.

 

Pentagon press secretary George Little told reporters about the calls without giving further details about their content, the Associated Press reported on Wednesday.

 

The Pentagon did not disclose last week's call until now because of the sensitivities of the situation, Little said.

 

Supporters and opponents of Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi held rallies across the capital, Cairo, on Wednesday as the Army’s 48-hour deadline for the president to yield to the demands of the protesters or face military intervention approached.

 

Since last week, more than 47 people have been killed and nearly 1,500 injured in clashes between pro and anti-Morsi protesters.

 

The United States has said hundreds of its crisis-response Marines in Europe were positioned to deploy to Egypt.

 

“I believe that any discussion about foreign interference in Egypt would be detrimental to the Egyptian people,” editor of Pan-African News Wire Abayomi Azikiwe said by phone on Wednesday.

 

“I believe that the situation in Egypt should be resolved by the Egyptian people themselves. They should do this in conjunction with the African Union,” Azikiwe said.

 

“The solution is for the Egyptian people to develop their own government of national unity and to form alliances throughout the African Union,” he added.

 

AGB/HJ


http://www.presstv.com/usdetail/312094.html